Today started out to be a very wonderful day. I had tons of phone calls to make and I got through them all and found out some wonderful news and some OK news, but all in all it was a successful morning. Then I had to work the 2nd shift. So, I went in to work and it started out fine, but somewhere along the lines my attention just faltered. I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, and for a nurse that can cause some difficulties. Maybe, I was sensing the struggles that were occuring at home, I'm not sure. However, when I arrived home at 1145 pm I found most of the lights in the house still on and when I walked in I could feel the tension. Our daughter has once again decided to disregard her homework. She is failing this class and has decided not to study for a quiz tomorrow. She is becoming very rebellious and I am struggling for the answer on how to get her back on the right path. I know that the only way this will get better is to turn it over to God. My heart breaks for the choices she is making for her life and I am powerless to change them. I remember the day that we adopted her and the dreams I had for her, and now she is creating her own future, even if it is not the one I would want for her, only she can change the path that she is on. So, tonight as I get ready to go to bed, I will listen to the sounds of my children sleeping and thank God for the many blessings that he has given me and pray that he will wrap his arms around my hurting child. No matter what she is such a precious gift from God.
Costa Rica-- Our Last Day in Alajuela
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment